Tuesday, August 14, 2012

War vet pain-free due to acupuncture

Bernard Martin, 85, from Stowmarket, who took 19 painkillers a day has come off his medication thanks to acupuncture. Bernard Martin, 85, from Stowmarket, who took 19 painkillers a day has come off his medication thanks to acupuncture.
AN 85-year-old war veteran who was taking 19 painkillers a day is now free from his medication after a course of acupuncture and alphastim.

Bernard Martin, from Stowmarket, fought for three years in Malaysia during World War II, where he was blown up twice and lost a toe. Great grandfather Bernard suffered headaches, often waking in the middle of the night in pain.

But after a course of acupuncture and alphastim, which uses electronic stimulation rather than needles, at the Pain Relief Clinic in Stowmarket, Bernard’s GP has taken him off his medication.
He said: “Acupuncture has literally given me my life back. I used to be on so many painkillers a day, 19, and I would rattle. Now I take none, my GP is happy for me to stop the painkillers and the pain is virtually non existent.”

No comments:

Post a Comment